Union will break ground on a new Public Library building in December!
The Township along with the Library Board of Trustees recognize the need for a 21st century library that allows our community to connect, explore and discover. Learn more about these plans here. The new library will be build at the existing site.
View the Library Q&A session from October 28
During this period of transition, operations and layouts will be altered. However, library staff will continue to provide the services and resources that patrons have come to expect.
What to expect:
- The Main Library on Morris Avenue is closed while staff relocates material, systems, and furniture. During that time, the Vauxhall Branch will remain open to serve our community.
- Once the initial move is complete, the Main Library will reopen to the public at 1060 Stuyvesant Avenue. This interim location will include:
- Children’s and Young Adult collections
- New books and DVDs
- Public computers and free Wi-Fi
- Printing, scanning and copying
- Newspapers and magazines
- Reference and Children’s Librarians
- Holds, pickups and returns
- All other books and material will be kept off site, but accessible to patrons by placing a hold. To best meet the needs of the community, library staff expect to be able to move material back and forth between locations on a daily basis.
- Construction on the new Main Library is expected to last for approximately two years. The new facility, to be build on the existing site, will include spacious seating and reading areas, bright displays, quiet study and meeting rooms, bathrooms on every floor, a community performance center, and so much more.
We ask residents for patience during this transitional time, and encourage everyone to visit the Library website for the most up-to-date information and a list of Frequently Asked Questions. For more information please email email@example.com or call the Vauxhall Branch 908-851-5451.